New World Record Initiative
An unheard of prize of US $25,000 in cash, will be paid to the pilot breaking the world record. The record(s) must be FAI approved, fully documented and followed by a well written story and collection of nice, print quality photos featuring APCO products used for the new record.
APCO will also handsomely reward a good story with attractive photos telling of the attempt to break World Record on an APCO current wing - even if it was unsuccessful and just ended up with remarkable flights -publishable in the media.
For pilots needing to obtain an APCO wing to make an attempt to break the World Record - a special deal will be offered.
- New World Record Cross Country Open Distance (Absolute) Solo Pilot: $10,000
- New World Record Cross Country Open Distance Solo Female Pilot: $3,000
- Other World Records (Male/Female Solo Pilot, Paramotor and Tandem): $2,000
(not absolute open distance)
World Cup - Final Overall Ranking (Absolute)
- 1st Place: $4,000
- 2nd Place: $3,000
- 3rd Place: $2,000
- 4th Place: $1,000
- 5th Place: $500
World Cup - Ranking Female
- 1st Place: $2,000
- 2nd Place: $1,000
- 3rd Place: $500
World Cup - Ranking for Each Competition (Absolute)
- 1st Place: $1,000
- 2nd Place: $500
- 3rd Place: $200
World Championship (Absolute)
- 1st Place: $10,000
- 2nd Place: $5,000
- 3rd Place: $3,000
World Championship (Female)
- 1st Place: $5,000
- 2nd Place: $2,500
- 3rd Place: $1,500
European Championship (Absolute)
- 1st Place: $7,000
- 2nd Place: $3,000
- 3rd Place: $2,500
European Championship (Female)
- 1st Place: $3,500
- 2nd Place: $1,500
- 3rd Place: $1,250
- All records must be officially FAI recognized.
- All other achievements must be officially ranked and published by the organizers.
- All flights must be made on APCO paragliders and the pilot must have concluded a signed contract with APCO. A List of competitions for pilot regestration should be submitted by the pilot to Apco for approval at the start of the season.
- Prizes will be paid after receiving a copy of official recognition. (for example: competition results published in one of the leading magazines.)
- Prizes will be paid either in cash or in goods.
- Absolute: This refers to general overall ranking, both male and female.
eg. If the 1st female ranks 5th general/overall, the 1st female does not qualify for a prize.
- Countries in which 2 leagues exist - prizes will be awarded for Open Class only as listed.
- Local/Regional competitions, or National competitions in countries not listed will be awarded prizes on an individual basis on application and in accordance with APCO policy.
- The incentives and prizes are intended for free flying paragliding competitions and records.
For incenties for all specialized competitions such as ACRO, Accuracy Landing, Paramotor etc. - Check with APCO.