ENIGMA – Dictionary definition: "A type of riddle generally expressed in language that requires ingenuity and careful thinking for its solution"
Ingenuity and careful thinking that's what was applied to achieve the final outcome (not to mention experience, deep knowledge, devotion and persistence in sticking to the goal).
We strongly believe for us to launch a competition wing we had to make sure we offered a package which is better than what you had so far, or not launch at all. Quite a few prototypes were discarded and we had to return to square one, time after time to create the ENIGMA.
We understand that modern competition glider is all about performance. We are also fully aware that performance should be manageable.
While looking for top performance we made sure that safety of this wing, its handling and launch are on a par with pilot's abilities.
ENIGMA is a unique blend of performance and safety, offering a winning combination. You can use full range of speed bar without fear of collapse.
ENIGMA recovery characteristics are close to what you would recognize as typical for EN D wing. ENIGMA inspires confidence and is a wing you can trust - leaving you to concentrate on flying.
- Designed for performance you can handle
- Designed for performance above all
- Designed for speed: 24 – 75+ km/h of useable speed range with safety margin for your peace of mind
- Designed to thermal, outclimbing the rest-a job as easy as bragging to your friends!
- Designed for flat and fast glide (best L/D at 58 km./h)
- Designed to keep canopy pressure even at top speed –(HIT valve® aided)
- Designed to launch in a way you forget that it is a comp wing)
- True Two liner for maximum drag saving
- Bullet risers® – APCO unique drag buster
- HIT valve (for industry widest usable safe speed range)
- Ball shaped handle on B riser for steering on speed bar - special golf ball shape for drag optimization and minimalizing the risk of line entanglement
- Big Ears facility – probably the only 2 liner with stable Big Ear facility
- Lightweight (only 6.9 kg. for Enigma 25)
|Area (projected) [m2]||22.15||23.4|
|Span (projected) [m]||11.59||11.92|
|Aspect Ratio (projected)||6.07||6.07|
|Pilot Weight (all up) [kg]||95-110||110-125|
|Canopy Weight [kg]||6.9||7.1|
|Root Chord [m]||2.22||2.28|
|Tip Chord [m]||0.46||0.47|
|Length of Lines on B [m]||7.93||8.15|
|Total Length of Lines [m]||218||225|
|ENIGMA 25||FAI Category 1|
|ENIGMA 27||FAI Category 1|
|V - max L/D [km/h]||58|
|Min Sink [m/s]||0.9|
After almost 20 hours of flying the Enigma I feel this is by far the sweetest Comp glider I have had the pleasure to fly.
I have flown competition gliders for the last 19 years and feel the handling and security are among the best with this new glider. The Enigma has reacted well, launching at our fairly windy ridge soaring site in Canada, while watching others have problems with their gliders. Thermal flying with the Enigma is just pure joy with its excellent handling and even better sink rate its no problem remaining above the group. I have done many tests of top speed and feel without a doubt this glider goes over 70km/hr and stable through out that range.
I look forward to many more hours with the Enigma and feel it will give me a competitive chance.
CONSTRUCTION AND MATERIALS
We strove to make this glider unique in every aspect.
Flexon® Batten on the rib and across center of the front opening
(technique APCO pioneered in early 2000)
HIT valves® across the span for added pressure and wing stability, even at the highest speed.
Bullet riser® for dramatic riser drag reduction with ball bearing.
Ronstan pullies for smooth acceleration.
Lightweight construction, but without using "disposable" cloth (ENIGMA's cloth durable for more than a short season)
OPTIONS AND ACCESSORIES
The Paragliding Bag can be replaced with Light Clinch bag for all wings on demand.